Monday, July 23, 2007

Late Morning Visitor

I awoke from my slumber (short as it was) I heard a squawking. It wasn'tthe kids or the cats it was a frantic noise.. I had to do further investigation into what was this alarm clock, waking me up after a few short hours of sleep??


Well from the pictures you can see it was a baby Blue Jay learning to fly and it's mother was the squawking. She yelled at me the whole time I was taking pictures of her baby. She was very camera shy and kept herself well hidden in the trees. That is when she wasn't swooping down near me..

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh baby birds are so funny - ugly and cute at the same time. All I've ever managed to photograph are baby robins and swallows. Lucky you!

kris said...

Hi - thanks for leaving a note on my blog. I just took a quick stroll through yours - very nice! I love the baby blue jay. A couple years ago cardinals built a nest in one of my climbing roses. It was very fun to see them in the nest and as they left it. Your flower photos are beautiful.

Dirty Fingernails said...

I just love their fuzzy feathers.