Saturday, May 3, 2008

Finally Foxgloves






I have tried desperately for the last nine years. YES NINE years to grow foxglove. This is the first year they bloomed for me. While I was pondering why it took so long, something whispered in my ear, "The kids are now old enough". AH yes, they are very poisonous. They are where we get Digoxin, a potent cardiac medication from. It was God's will to keep the little ones safe from harm, until they were old enough to understand to stay out of them. Not having them for that long only made them sweeter and more enjoyable when they did bloom.

1 comment:

Shady Gardener said...

I think foxglove are biennial. I've only planted them once... they bloomed that year (I LOVE them!) but they did not return to the garden the next year. I hesitate to try again. Have you planted seeds?